Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

...Because I have nothing else to do...

The Idea Room is having a link party in which participants list random facts about themself in order for readers to learn a little more about them.  So I'm playing along, seeing as how I have nothing else to do while I wait for the lasagna to finish cooking. Here goes.



Random tidbits about me:


* I am afraid of birds. I don't know why. No, I was never attacked by a bird. No, it isn't from watching the movie,which I've never seen anyway. They're just creepy!

* I blog when I'm bored. Can you tell I've been bored lately? : )

* I've lived in 15 different cities and 5 states! (Texas, Colorado, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Indiana) and Colorado is by far my favorite! With Indiana in second.

* Jason had to propose three times before I said yes. : \ Isn't that horrible of me?? It's not that I didn't like him or anything. I just didn't feel like I was ready to get married yet. I wasn't that girl that was searching for a husband and had her wedding colors and flowers picked out from the time she was 10. I kinda liked being young and single. We were 23 when we finally married. AND we eloped. Then, had a church wedding a year and a half later. I know it's confusing. I don't think friends and family know when our anniversary is. I think our roles are reversed in this relationship. I pursued him. He said I love you first. He wanted to get married first. He wanted kids first. Am I weird??

* I have chocolate in my sweatshirt pocket right now. Hee hee. And I keep some in my nightstand for emergency snacks! Mmmm, I love chocolate.

* As a kid I was scared to eat strawberries. They looked weird with the seeds on the outside!

* My fave tv shows are Modern Family, Castle, The Office, Private Chefs of Beverly Hills, Cupcake Wars, Chopped, The Next Food Network Star, What Not to Wear (I secretly wish I could be Stacy London and walk around and tell everyone what's wrong with what they're wearing even though I'm a complete mess myself!)

* I didn't start crafting until this year. I've been collecting supplies for years and finally began scrapbooking, cardmaking and other crafts. What took me so long? It's an incredible outlet!

* A few decades ago back in high school I was a cheerleader. Yep. Me. It's funny to think about it now. I probably still know most of the cheers and will break one out every now and then. It's good for making the hubby laugh!!!!!

I can't think of anything else and the timer on the oven just went off. I hope you all had a Happy New Year. I say "had" even though it's still hours away as I write this because I am sure I'm probably the only one home on my computer tonight. It will most likely be 2011 when you read this. BUT if you are reading this in 2010 leave me a comment so I know I'm not the only one who isn't out celebrating. : )

Also, please feel free to play along too!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love your choice of TV shows...they are my favorites too! :o)

Stacy H-W said...

I'm home too!! lol Trying to get ready to leave and drive back to Las Vegas in the morning. A RAK is random act of kindness....and means a PRIZE. Have you never entered a challenge on a challenge blog?? You usually win scrapbook supplies of some kind or other...

Check out my challenges...I give away good prizes!! lol
Happy New Year!!!

Camilla said...

Love your list! And I SO understand your earlier fear of strawberries, I hated them too for that reason. :) And grapes with pits...gross. Following you!
http://rosyredbuttons.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I was attacked by a rooster when I was little. Still not a fan!
You seem very interesting! Off to check out your blog. I came over from the Idea Room.