Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mini magnetic boards

I scored these mini magnetic boards made by Boulder Innovations from ScrapbookSteals.com and used them to make teacher gifts this year. I can't find the pic I took of the raw wood product so I "borrowed" this one from the ScrapbookSteals site. I hope they don't mind ; )

They came with 5 boards that each had 1 magnetic sheet, 1 square magnet and a peg to stand it up.

This first one was for my son's 1st grade teacher who happens to have an apple theme in her room
I completely covered the board in patterned paper, then I covered the metal sheet with some chalkboard vinyl so that it could double as a chalkboard too! I covered the magnet with a green apple paper and made two more magnets as well. I painted the peg to match the paper.
One of the other magnets I made:



These are the other boards I made for my other son's preschool teachers:

I left the metal showing on these and made a giant flower for the square magnet. I painted each board brown and put a sheet of patterned paper on just the front of these. I made just one more coordinating magnet for each board:





These can be used to hold notes, photos, recipes, to-do lists, etc.

5 comments:

Penny said...

these turned out great!!

Marlene said...

Fabulous projects! LOVE that little apple with the bite taken out! too cute!

Unknown said...

What great little projects! I love the variety :)

A Little Bit of City Life said...

love these! New Follower from Making the World Cuter! Hope you'll follow me back!

Minta's Creations said...

You are so talented...love your creations..
Just became a new follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/