Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Birthday

For this week's SP&Company stamps DT project I made a cute little birthday card using the new Mustache Madness stamp set and papers from MME Miss Caroline Dolled Up.

This stamp set is so much fun and even if you don't like mustache humor you can still use it for other occasions! I chose to use the Happy Birthday sentiment - it's just so big and bold!
I used a couple sheets of that beautiful Dolled Up paper from MME to die-cut some balloons. I added some black and white twine for balloon strings.  And then cut out the corners of the card front with a scallopy lace punch and adhered on a white card base. Can you imagine getting balloons that looked like this?? How cute would that be? : )

Now for the inside I decided to use a pop-up die I have of a 3-tier cake. I thought that would be fun! And then I'd stamp another sentiment from Mustache Madness "Where's the Cake?"

So the cake looked great when I first made it. But then after the card is folded the cake gets smashed and just doesn't hold up very well. I think the problem is that I didn't use strong enough tape. I just used my tape runner when the directions suggested using  a strong tape like that red Sticky Strip stuff. I didn't think I had any. Turns out I did. So I will remake this using the stronger tape and see if it helps. I got this die on clearance and I think I might know why it was on clearance. But maybe the tape will work! We'll see....

Just so you know it's also driving me crazy that the cake doesn't match the balloons. I cut the cake first before I knew what papers I'd use on the front. I wish I didn't use that purple. Oh well! The next one will match : )

Thanks for stopping by and if you'd like more inspiration using SP&Co stamps head over to their blog at http://sp.thescrapmaster.com/.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ooooo....I love a good mustache card, but the sentiment works great here, too! The colors are so pretty, and the inside--wow! I think it looks fab, and anyone receiving the card would be so ecstatic to have a pop-up cake!