Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Celebrate

Today for my SP & Company post I have a beige card. I know that sounds so dull and boring, but beige can be fun! Right??
I picked beige becasue I wanted to do this faux embossing technique and I thought it would look pretty on vanilla cardstock. So here's my card:


I punched several butterflies in the same vanilla cardstock as my card base and adhered them randomly to the card.


I know it might be hard to see so I took photos at several different angles hoping it would help!


I attached twine in three differing colors of beigeness. I stamped part of the new Take time to Celebrate stamp onto some EP So Happy Together paper in a kraft-colored ink.


To only partially stamp an image you can either color in the parts you want with a stamp marker or you can tape off the parts you don't want, ink up the stamp, remove the tape, and then stamp. I like to use washi tape for this since it doesn't leave a residue on the stamp. And now you have another excuse to acquire more washi tape! You're welcome ; )

 

Supplies:
SP&Co Take time to Celebrate stamp
SU Very Vanilla cardstock
EP So Happy Together Crisscross paper
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
SU linen thread
Twinery twine in Buttercream and Cappuccino
SU Crumb Cake ink

1 comment:

Jocelyn Olson said...

Amber! LOVE it! The cream monotones is so gorgeous and chic! The twines you used look amazing. I never thought about using washi for partial inking...good idea. I'll tell my husband you were the reason I had to buy more washi. ;)